Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Sigh....

So, I realized my true professional destiny the other day.... I had a dentist appointment scheduled for about a week ago and the office called to cancel because the hygienist was snowed in. No big deal, but it kind of lingered in the back of my mind for the next few days. Then, later that night, I was standing in my bathroom, picking at the dried up pieces of hairspray on my Big Sexy Hair can when it hit me... I LOVE to pick at things! Gross, I know... it is seriously an addiction. Living in the sorority only fueled my fire... so many hairspray bottles, so little time. Then I started thinking about my snowed in dental hygienist again... that girl gets to pick at things ALL DAY Long... and get paid for it! Badda bing - professional destiny! I always thought it would be fun to have a job in the medical profession, but weak stomach for syringes suggested otherwise. The good news, dental hygienists don't use needles! The assistants and doctors do that part... all I would do is pick and clean! Perfection! Plus, they get paid quite well and have the best schedule... I swear dentist offices are hardly ever open.

So, here's the downfall: There is not one dental hygiene program on the Palouse... well there's one at LCSC but they only take the Idahoans... something about a state grant paying for the program. I feel so stuck! Finally my life's true calling realized and nothing I can do about it... for right now. Unfortunately there is no such thing as an on-line dental hygiene program as the majority of what you learn is very hands on. Ugh... anyway, for now I'm just going to pray, and try to coerce admissions at LCSC, that maybe this one time they could let one little Washingtonian into their program. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Naslund said...

Seriously Linds...they make bank! Every dental hygenist I know works at most 3 days a week and rolls in the dough. Go get em girl...convince them to let you in :)

Nick and Kristen Honeycutt said...

Wanna pick stuff out of my gums next weekend? I'll let you because I love you. And yeah, it's pretty much perfect for you. Yay boo!